Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Taking a Risk by Rethinking


The word I chose for 2017 is RISK. Now I haven't done many risky things lately. In fact, I'm not really sure what risky things I should be doing.

I've been thinking about making some videos related to homemade resources or repurposing stuff. While I'm not really all that photogenic, I think this would be something to risk that still fits within my personal purpose.

I've been dabbling in writing some fiction, which is a risk. Or will be whenever I make it available to others.



There are a few other things that I think could be a risk but nothing really firm or that seems to be eminent.

Until now. (That certainly sounds ominous.)



Recently I've been thinking about this blog. I love writing. I love thinking and reflecting on play and educating young children. But I've been busy with some other things and haven't been able to write as much as I'd like over the past month or so.

So I'm taking a risk. I'm rethinking what I'm doing here. I'm wondering what this space needs to be...or if this space needs to be. What changes do I need to make? What new things need to happen here? What needs to stop? To up the risk factor, I'm writing about it now.



For now, I'm still posting - maybe not as regularly as in the past. But I want to make sure that whatever happens here, it's intentional and purposeful and helpful to someone else.

What are you risking now? Or, if you chose a word for 2017, how is it playing out in your year? Let me know in the comments.